Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A celebration of David Bowie

David Bowie
There was a time in my younger years when I -- quite honestly -- didn't "get" David Bowie.

Back in my younger years, he was just too ... "out there."  Like the character "Major Tom" in "Space Oddity" ... "out there."

Thank goodness for age and maturity, and "expanding the mind."  Now, when it comes to David Bowie, it's all good.  Good enough that it's exciting to me to know that after four decades, Bowie is still creating his own unique brand of music, and there's visual artistry to go along with it.

On Tuesday, Bowie celebrated his 66th birthday with the release of the tune "Where Are We Now?"  It's his first single release in a decade, part of the upcoming album "The Next Day."

After a decade without any new music coming from him, Bowie has shown that he hasn't lost a thing while he's been on the sideline.  It may not be among his greatest songs, but it's just good to hear him still thinking up new music.  This is classic Bowie in an introspective, reflective mood, giving a reason to celebrate his long and illustrious history on the music scene.

I'm still glad I changed my mind about Bowie along the way.












No comments:

Post a Comment