Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Rascal Flatts comes out "changed"

I don't listen to country music radio as much as I used to.  If I listen to one format the most when it comes to music radio, it's contemporary Christian, especially on the K-Love network.

In the last couple of days, I heard a song on K-Love that I hadn't heard before.  It sounded an awful lot like a country song, performed by a country band that's gotten a fair amount of exposure.  The band is Rascal Flatts.  When you hear the version of Tom Cochrane's "Life Is A Highway" on the Pixar film "Cars," that's Rascal Flatts playing it.

Rascal Flatts has a great country sound, and it's the unique voice of Gary LeVox that helps to give the band a signature sound.  That was the first thing that hit me the other day when I heard the particular song that caught my ear on K-Love, and K-Love doesn't often announce the artists' names and song titles.  The second thing that hit me when I first heard it was the sound of a steel guitar.

You don't hear steel guitars too often on contemporary Christian radio.

Early this morning, I heard the song again for only the second time.  That time, they announced the song title and artist.  In fact, the announcers raved about the song.

What I was hearing was confirmed.  The group was Rascal Flatts.  The song is called "Changed."

It's a standout, in a variety of ways.  It's quite a "crossover."



No comments:

Post a Comment