Thursday, March 14, 2013

What's in my CD changer: The Power Station

The blog's had an "irregular pulse" again for a bit, thanks to its creator starting another new job out in the "real world" and preparing to do it over the last couple of weeks.  That means another change of pace, more adjustments to be made time-wise.

I changed all the discs in my 10-CD changer a couple of weeks ago too, about the time the new job was offered to me.  One of the discs I put in was from that '80s supergroup The Power Station -- made up of Chic drummer Tony Thompson, Duran Duran's bass player (John Taylor) and guitar player (Andy Taylor), capped off by the singing of blue-eyed soul and rock vocalist Robert Palmer.

It was a group that rocked my world when it made its debut, despite the fact that I wasn't a big fan of Duran Duran.  But I did like Palmer's singing, Thompson's powerful drumming style was all good to my ears, and the Taylors sounded even better to me when they were away from Duran Duran..

I've been going through those discs in my CD changer as I've been making the rounds getting ready for the new job.  I'll be taking advantage of what mass transit has to offer, especially with a new light rail system about to open with a station just a couple of blocks away from my new office.  As fate would have it, that new station has a name that fits what's included in my CD changer these days.

Power Station.

Get it on!






No comments:

Post a Comment