Monday, February 11, 2013

Coming Back With Grammys Week: Mumford & Sons

I've got some catching up to do.  I've been away a while, trying to adjust to a new job and all -- different hours, different tasks, different things overloading my brain cells.  Things like that tend to get "in the way" at times.  Forgive me, would you please?

But here I am, working on making a comeback with my music blog as the adjustment continues.  And what better way to kick things off this week than by taking a look at just a bit of what was honored at the Grammy Awards Sunday night?

Leading things off, we have the English folk rock band Mumford & Sons, winners in the categories of Album of the Year for "Babel" and long-form music video for "Big Easy Express."

They take rootsy instruments like banjos and mandolins and give them a tough, touching edge.  They're a group to be reckoned with, and the Grammy voters reckoned it was time to give Mumford & Sons a big prize or two.

Celebrate!




No comments:

Post a Comment