Thursday, February 14, 2013

Coming Back With Grammys Week: Pop, R and B, etc.

I go for a good pop song as much as anyone, as long as it's got some originality, creativity, and artistry to it.  Cookie-cutter music doesn't quite cut it for me.

The same goes for R&B, soul, dance, all the rest.

I can be tough to please when it comes to music.

But I'd be raked over the coals if I went through this week in which I give some attention to the 2013 Grammy Award winners without paying some attention to those genres as well.  I'm still picky.

You'll just have to bear with me while I check out ...

Pop solo performance: "Set Fire to the Rain (Live)," Adele.
Pop vocal album: "Stronger," Kelly Clarkson.
R&B performance: "Climax," Usher.
Traditional R&B performance: "Love on Top," Beyonce.
R&B song: "Adorn," Miguel Pimentel.
R&B album: "Black Radio," Robert Glasper Experiment.
Dance recording: "Bangarang," Skrillex featuring Sirah.
Dance/electronica album: "Bangarang," Skrillex.
Latin pop album: "MTV Unplugged Deluxe Edition," Juanes.
Latin rock, urban or alternative album: "Imaginares," Quetzal.
Reggae album: "Rebirth," Jimmy Cliff.
Traditional pop vocal album: "Kisses on the Bottom," Paul McCartney.











No comments:

Post a Comment