Monday, November 19, 2012

A daily dose of "thank you" -- the Tower of Power version

I missed a day in the blog last Friday.  I was going to take a shot at doing "air guitar songs" for soul music, and just ran out of time.  It turned into a very busy, very tiring day, and I'm asking for your forgiveness.

If you can do that, I'll say it over and over again throughout the week:  I thank you!  It's fitting, isn't it, when you consider the holiday coming up this week?

It was a song written by David Porter and Isaac Hayes, a stone-cold soul classic made famous first by Sam & Dave.  To kick off this "celebration of gratitude" in its various versions, we'll turn to Tower of Power with a special guest ... one of the guys who made "I Thank You" so well-known all those years ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment