Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Tune up that air guitar: Jazz fusion style

Fusion is just what it says it is: fusing a bit of jazz music together with a bit of rock.  There's a lot of blending going on in the genre, with a lot of Latin sounds thrown in as well.

There's also a lot of shredding going on, especially when it comes to guitar playing.

It's an air guitarist's dream.

Many's been the time I've listened to Allan Holdsworth do his share of shredding and "pulled out" my air guitar to shred along with him.  I know actual musicians who've done the same, with air guitar.  It helps to know that Holdsworth is one of Eddie Van Halen's guitar heroes as well.

John McLaughlin, Al DiMeola, Steve Morse with the Dixie Dregs or on his own, Tony Macalpine, Bill Connors ... yeah, they all make me want to do some shredding of my own.

In the air.











No comments:

Post a Comment