Friday, November 23, 2012

A daily dose of "thank you" -- the ZZ Top version

We're coming down to the end of the week of giving thanks here at the blog, and I've been saving my favorite way of saying "I Thank You" for last.

For me, my favorite way comes from those three ol' boys from Texas known simply as ZZ Top, with Frank Beard laying down a simple yet steady drum beat, Dusty Hill pumping that bass, and Billy Gibbons topping it off with those tough vocals and guitar playing of his.

ZZ Top may not have been the first to play the tune "I Thank You," and they're certainly not the last ... as I've shown all this week.  But for me, they've done it the best (your mileage may vary, of course).  They gave it an extra bit of Texas flair and attitude.  When you stack that up against some greats like Sam & Dave, Tower of Power, Bonnie Raitt, well, that's quite a feat.

Play us out, boys!





No comments:

Post a Comment