Monday, November 26, 2012

Let's have a birthday jam: John McVie

I'm a person who actually looks at my Facebook "to do" items closely enough to check out who has a birthday on my friends list on that particular day, and to wish that person a happy day.

John McVie (Image via Wikipedia)
There were a bunch of them today.  One of those people celebrating a birthday today happens to be John McVie.  I wished him a "rockin' day."  Yes, that's John McVie from John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, and the "Mac" part of Fleetwood Mac.  The guy playing the bass, laying down that steady groove.

I love musicians' birthday jams.  When a musician has a birthday, it's not unusual for them to have a few friends over, socialize, share some good food and drink, and do what they love to do -- play music.

Here's a video birthday jam in John McVie's honor, but I won't just go with the easier Fleetwood Mac choices.  I'll try and go a bit deeper than that.

When someone has a musical history as deep and rich as John McVie, you've got to go deep.

Especially on their birthday.










No comments:

Post a Comment