Monday, September 17, 2012

Remembering The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show

It's interesting, the kinds of things we can remember going back to the early days of our childhood.  I remember sitting on our couch on a February evening in 1964, when I was all of 3 years old, with my older sister sitting beside me as she taught me how to read.

The television was on, tuned to The Ed Sullivan Show.  The next thing I remember was Ed Sullivan shouting, "The Beatles!"  The screaming that came from the crowd was deafening, unlike anything I'd ever heard.  The music itself was unlike anything I'd ever heard.

For me, it was the beginning of a lifelong passion for music.  It was born that night, and it's only grown since then.

Some memories just stay with you.  Even those dating back to the age of 3.  I can still envision it in my mind, just like it'd happened yesterday.  The album collection started in the years to come, and many of the most memorable ones -- and the most memorable album covers --  had to do with The Beatles.  I was certainly not alone.







No comments:

Post a Comment