Friday, December 7, 2012

Kickin' Tail and Takin' Names Week: Bad to the Bone

This is a week for music so powerful, it has a kind of force that can knock you out just thinking about it.  It's relentless.  It can stick with you for a lifetime.

And here's where this week of "kickin' tail" was inspired.  It came to me last Sunday, as I was driving that morning to do a few hours' worth of work.  I was just in one of "those moods," with my beat up pair of cowboy boots on, and as I was finding a radio station to listen to as I was driving my pickup truck, I came across the familiar strains of a scorching guitar.

My favorite classic rock station was doing one of its "weekend blocks" of songs by artists, and I came across George Thorogood and The Destroyers doing "Bad To the Bone," along with a couple more tunes from them.

I was happy to come across that.  It set the tone for my whole week.

So, who do you love?  For me this week, it's been those "tail kickers."

And it all started for me with George and The Destroyers.












No comments:

Post a Comment