Thursday, December 13, 2012

When the music comes alive: The 12-12-12 concert

I wasn't able to catch the 12-12-12 concert for Hurricane Sandy relief Wednesday night as it was happening, but a lot of my friends on Facebook were talking about it.

They were talking about Kanye West's skirt.  For some reason, I wasn't sorry that I missed that.  But there was other Facebook chatter going on to make me wish that I could have seen it.

That's where the beauty of the internet shines through.  That's where there's a good chance I'll be able to find something from the benefit concert I'm bound to enjoy.  Like seeing the surviving members of Nirvana getting together again, and having Paul McCartney lead the way with Dave Grohl pounding the snot out of those drums.

Yeah, stuff like that can bring a smile to my face.

It's times like the 12-12-12 concert when the music can truly come alive.  And with the 12-12-12 concert, it was all for a good cause.  That's the beauty.













No comments:

Post a Comment